Please send contributions (information and news of departmental interest) to Andrew Garrett.
This photo captures the aloha spirit in Berkeley and Santa Cruz attendees at the 4th International Conference on Language Documentation and Conservation in Honolulu. Everything was awesome.
The 37th California Celtic Conference and the 2015 Celtic Studies Association of North America meeting continues today through Sunday, March 8, in Dwinelle 370. The full program is here. The conference is free and open to the public.
- Colloquium (irregular schedule: W 4-5:30, 5101 Tolman)
- March 11: Roger Levy (UC San Diego), "Expectation-based language processing and understanding"
- CogNetwork (M 1–2:30, B-4 Dwinelle)
- March 9: David Vinson (UC Merced), "Language use under social and cognitive constraints"
- Fieldwork Forum (Fforum, Th 2–3:30, 1303 Dwinelle)
- March 12: "Discussion: Field equipment"
- Historical linguistics forum (*dhworom, W 2–3, 1229 Dwinelle)
- March 11: TBA
- Institute of Cognitive and Brain Sciences (ICBS seminar, F 11–12:30, 5101 Tolman)
- March 6: Nora Newcombe (Temple), "Remembering spatial location: Extending the category adjustment model to the real world"
- Phonetics and Phonology Forum (Phorum, M 12–1, 1303 Dwinelle)
- March 9: Stephanie Shih (UC Merced), "Constraint conjunction in weighted phonological grammars"
- Sociophonetic Reading Exchange and Discussion (SPREAD, F 1-2, 1303 Dwinelle)
- Syntax & Semantics Circle (F 3:30–5, 1303 Dwinelle)
- March 6: Nanosyntax discussion
- March 13: Sophia Dandelet (UC Berkeley), "Desiderative Constructions"