Please send contributions (information and news of departmental interest) to Andrew Garrett.
Congratulations to three colleagues:
- We have two campus Mellon Project Grants for research in the coming year:
- Terry Regier has been elected to the Governing Board of the Cognitive Science Society.
This new section of Calques will publicize newly published books, book chapters, and journal articles:
- Susanne Gahl, "Lexical competition in vowel articulation revisited: Vowel dispersion in the Easy/Hard database", Journal of Phonetics 49 (2015) 96-116
Let the editor know about your new work. (No tweets, blog posts, or facebook status updates will be included!)
- Colloquium (M 3-4:30, 370 Dwinelle)
- Feb. 2: Scott AnderBois (Brown), "Evidentiality and epistemic modality: the case of conjecturals"
- CogNetwork (M 1–2:30, B-4 Dwinelle)
- Feb. 2: George Lakoff (Berkeley), TBA
- Fieldwork Forum (Fforum, Th 2–3:30, 1303 Dwinelle)
- Feb. 5: Peter Jenks (Berkeley), "Elicitation and documentation of definiteness and quantification (Part I)"
- Phonetics and Phonology Forum (Phorum, M 12–1, 1303 Dwinelle)
- Feb. 2: Mark Amengual (UC Santa Cruz), "Robust phonetic discrimination does not guarantee target-like lexical encoding in early bilinguals"
- Speech Acts and Propositions (Saturday, Jan. 31, 10 am – 7 pm, 234 Moses): a workshop with talks by Pranav Anand, Cleo Condoravdi, John Searle, and Friederike Moltmann