May 9, 2023
The following Berkeley linguists will be presenting their research at the 54th Annual Conference on African Linguistics (ACAL), taking place June 12-14, 2023, at the University of Connecticut:
- Franco Liu and Shweta Akolkar: "Nominal Licensing without T: Switch Reference and Focus Fronting in Lobi"
- Shweta Akolkar and Franco Liu: "Morphological rɛ́-flex of focus in Lobi"
- Anna Macknick: "STAMP as Asymmetric Negation in Lobi"
- Katherine Russell: "Two types of negation in Guébie"
- Amber Galvano and Sansan Hien: "Quantifying the Lobi vowel space"
- Rebecca Jarvis: "Relative clause derivations and subject displacement in Atchan"