Please send contributions (information and news of departmental interest) to Andrew Garrett.
This issue reveals that Dartmouth grads have some of the best Linguistics Department websites. Go Keggy!
Your inattentive editor failed to note an impressive roster of Berkeley linguists speaking at two recent conferences:
- 46th Annual Conference on African Linguistics (University of Oregon, Eugene, March 26-28)
- Larry M. Hyman, "Outward Looking y/Ø Alternations in Luganda"
- Jack Merrill and Matthew Faytak, "New Evidence for Fricativized High Vowels in Proto-Bantu"
- Florian Lionnet, "Nominal Classification in Laal: An African Exception"
- Nicholas Rolle and Ethelbert E. Kari, "Degema Serial Verbs at the Syntax/Phonology Interface"
- 33rd West Coast Conference on Formal Linguistics (Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, March 27-29)
Welcome back all!
This just in:
- M. Ryan Bochnak, "The Degree Semantics Parameter and cross-linguistic variation", Semantics and Pragmatics 8 (2015)
- CogNetwork (M 1–2:30, B-4 Dwinelle)
- April 6: Kristina Štrkalj Despot (Institute of Croatian Language and Linguistics), "Conceptual structure of Mind in Croatian: a diachronic and a synchronic approach"
- Fieldwork Forum (Fforum, Th 2–3:30, 1303 Dwinelle)
- April 9: Florian Lionnet (UC Berkeley), TBA
- Historical linguistics forum (*dhworom, F 11–12, 1303 Dwinelle)
- April 3: Alice Gaby (Monash), "Ngula and temporal/adversative polysemy in Australian languages."
- Phonetics and Phonology Forum (Phorum, M 12–1, 1303 Dwinelle)
- April 6: Susan Lin (UC Berkeley), "The articulation of (some) Kaytetye consonants"
- Sociophonetic Reading Exchange and Discussion (SPREAD, F 1-2, 1303 Dwinelle)
- Syntax & Semantics Circle (F 3:30–5, 1303 Dwinelle)