Please send contributions (information and news of departmental interest) to Andrew Garrett.
More talks this week have topics TBA than in any previous issue of Calques. Go Bears!
James A. Matisoff attended a workshop, "Continuum of the Richness of Languages and Dialects in Myanmar", held in Rangoon, Myanmar, on March 25-26 and co-organized by Berkeley PhD Kenneth VanBik. See this link for a news article with an excellent picture!
This just in:
- Hyman, Larry M. Hyman, 2015. "Towards a canonical typology of prosodic systems", in Tono, accento y estructuras métricas en lenguas mexicanas, ed. by Esther Herrera Zendejas (México: El Colegio de México), pp. 13-38
- CogNetwork (M 1–2:30, irregular location1229 Dwinelle)
- April 13: Teenie Matlock (UC Merced), TBA
- Fieldwork Forum (Fforum, Th 2–3:30, 1303 Dwinelle)
- April 16: Yoram Meroz, "The segmental phonology of Yahgan"
- Phonetics and Phonology Forum (Phorum, M 12–1, 1303 Dwinelle)
- Sociophonetic Reading Exchange and Discussion (SPREAD, F 1-2, 1303 Dwinelle)
- Stanford Linguistics Colloquium (F 3:30-5, Greenberg Room, Building 460, Stanford)
- April 10: Ivano Caponigro (UC San Diego), "Richard Montague: The simplicity of language, the complexity of life. Toward a biography"
- Syntax & Semantics Circle (F 3:30–5, 1303 Dwinelle)
- Unicode Working Group (M 3-5 pm, 356 Barrows = D-Lab)
- April 13: Katsuhiko Momoi (Google), "Emoji in Unicode: Its History and Future — from Galapagos Mobile to the World"