September 13, 2018
In and around the linguistics department in the next week:
- Syntax and Semantics Circle - Friday Sept 14 - Dwinelle 1303 - 3-4:30pm
Ryan Bochnak (Universität Konstanz): Combining coordination and focus: Towards an analysis of alternative questions in Washo
- Linguistics Department Colloquium - Monday Sept 17 - Dwinelle 370 - 3:10-5 pm
Jesse Zymet (UC Berkeley): Lexical propensities in phonology: Corpus and experimental evidence, grammar, and learning
- Phonological Reading Group - Thursday Sept 20 - Dwinelle 1226 - 11-noon
From Matthew Gordon's book Phonological Typology, we will be reading Chapter 3: Phoneme Inventories.
- SLUgS - Thursday Sept 20 - Dwinelle 1229 - 5-7pm
Join us for linguistics-related games!
- Syntax and Semantics Circle - Friday Sept 21- Dwinelle 1303 - 3-4:30pm
Sabrina Grimberg (Stanford): Between Economy and Recoverability: The Case of Subject Doubling in Colloquial Finnish
And coming up at Stanford (Saturday, Sept 22): Analyzing Typological Structure: From Categorical to Probabilistic Phonology