Please send information and news of departmental interest to Andrew Garrett.
The editors speak for the Department of Linguistics as a whole in congratulating the BLS 42 organizers, distinctive in colored pants, and their dedicated helpers on a highly successful weekend of intellectual and personal stimulation.
- Friday, February 12
- Monday, February 15
- Wednesday, February 17
- 5–6: Documentary, "The Adventure of English", episode 6, "Speaking Proper" (Society of Linguistics UndergraduateS, 3401 Dwinelle)
- 6–9: Christine Beier (Berkeley), "Ikíitu language revitalization and (re)valorization: from 2001 to 2016, and beyond" (Group in American Indian Languages, chez Andrew Garrett)
- Friday, February 19
- Colloquia at other universities
- WAIL 2016: Workshop on American Indigenous Languages, UC Santa Barbara, May 7-8
- Abstract deadline: February 14
- 24th Manchester Phonology Meeting, Manchester, England, May 26-28
- Abstract deadline: February 15
- NAPhC9: 9th North American Phonology Conference, Concordia University, Montréal, May 7-8
- Abstract deadline: March 1