Please send information and news of departmental interest to Andrew Garrett.
For considerable awesomeness pertaining to Berkeley linguists, and candid photos galore, visit the "Friends of Berkeley Linguistics" Facebook group. There you will find the final word on how many people won Student Abstract Awards (hint: scads).
- Monday, October 5
- 1–2:30: Laure Sarda (École Normale Supérieure), "Existential constructions in typological perspective: Drawing a map from parallel corpora data" (CogNetwork, 1229 Dwinelle)
- 2–3: Alan Yu, TBA (Phonetics and Phonology Forum, 1303 Dwinelle)
- 3–5: Dan Jurafsky (Stanford), "Extracting social meaning from language: the computational linguistics of food, innovation, and community" (Linguistics Colloquium, 370 Dwinelle)
- 3–4:30: David Temperley (Eastman School of Music), "Repetition and Information Flow in Music and Language" (UC Merced CogSci Colloquium)
- Tuesday, October 6
- Thursday, October 8
- 5–6: Discussion with undergraduates and faculty about capstone experiences in the Linguistics major (Society of Linguistics Undergraduates, 1229 Dwinelle)
- Friday, October 9