Help us digitize Linguistics lectures from the past! This year's Big Give helped us raise about half of the funding needed to digitize 275 reel to reel tapes that were recently found at the BLC. The 140 recordings were made between 1960-1985.
So far six lectures have been digitized -- you can access them at the links below:
- Wallace Chafe (1962), [American Anthropological Association lecture]
- Noam Chomsky (1964), Prerequisites of Language Acquisition
- John Gumperz (1964), On the Ethnology of Linguistic Change
- Abraham Halpern (1962), The Reconstruction of Proto-Pomo
- Larry Hyman (1973), Principles of Historical Phonology
- Roman Jakobson (c1961), The Problem of the Interrelationship between the Study of Poetry and the Study of Language