April 22, 2022
In and around the Department of Linguistics in the next week:
- Fieldwork Forum - Wednesday Apr 27 - Dwinelle 1303 and Zoom (p/w fforum) - 3:10-4pm
Samuel Akinbo (UMinnesota): Evaluative and Noun-class in Fungwa.
- Language Revitalization Working Group - Wednesday Apr 27 - Dwinelle 1303 and Zoom - 4-5pm
Gabriela Pérez Báez (UOregon): Increasing inclusion in academia in support of language.
- Phorum - Friday Apr 22 - Dwinelle 1303 and Zoom - 1-2pm
Maksymilian Dąbkowski (UC Berkeley): Two grammars of A'ingae glottalization: A case for Cophonologies by Phase (practice GLOW talk, in lieu of previously scheduled talk).
- Phorum - Friday Apr 29 - Zoom only - 1-2pm
Anne Hermes (CNRS/Sorbonne Nouvelle): Patterns of variability in secondary articulation in Tashlhiyt.
- Sociolinguistics Lab at Berkeley - Wednesday Apr 27 - Dwinelle 5125 and Zoom - 3-4pm
Ivy Sichel (UC Santa Cruz) and Uri Mor (UC Berkeley & Ben-Gurion University of the Negev): The Double Standard in Modern Hebrew: The Rise of Modern Vernacular Hebrew in the 1940s and 1950s.
Please contact Ben Papadopoulos for more information or to be added to the SLaB mailing list.
- Syntax and Semantics Circle - Friday Apr 29 - 1303 Dwinelle and Zoom - 3-4:30pm
Carlos Cisnernos (UC Berkeley) and Anqi Zhang (Nanjing University): The non-scalar, epistemic nature of polarity sensitive wh-indefinites in Mandarin.
(Note: the talk that was previously scheduled for 4/22 has been canceled)
- Zoom Phonology - Friday Apr 29 - Zoom - 9am
Katherine Russell (UC Berkeley): Variation in two Paraguayan Guaraní nasalization patterns.
For the Zoom link or to be added to the Zoom Phonology mailing list, contact Karee Garvin.