March 10, 2023
In and around the Department of Linguistics in the next week:
- Linguistics Department Colloquium - Monday Mar 13 - Dwinelle 370 and Zoom - 3:10-4:30pm
Ivano Caponigro (UC San Diego): "Investigating Headless Relative Clauses Across Languages: Why and How."
- Fieldwork Forum - Wednesday Mar 15 - Dwinelle 1303 and Zoom (password: fforum) - 3:10-4pm
Michael Everdell (UT Austin) and Gabriela García Salido (UNAM): "Evidentiality as the source of discourse-genre: Evidence from O'dam (Durango, Mexico)."
- Phorum - Friday Mar 10 - Dwinelle 1229 - 3-4:30pm
Amber Galvano (UC Berkeley): "A Q-theoretic approach to cross-dialectal <st> Spanish production."
- Phorum - Friday Mar 17 - Zoom - 3-4:30pm
Simon Todd (UC Santa Barbara): "Building implicit linguistic knowledge through passive exposure."
- Syntax and Semantics Circle - Friday Mar 10 - Dwinelle 1303 and Zoom - 3-4:30pm
Shweta Akolkar & Franco Liu (UC Berkeley): "Nominal Licensing without T: Switch Reference & Focus Fronting in Lobi."
- Syntax and Semantics Circle - Friday Mar 17 - Dwinelle 1303 and Zoom - 3-4:30pm
Peter Jenks (UC Berkeley): "Topic and focus in Tira."