October 21, 2020
In and around the linguistics department in the next week:
- Syntax and Semantics Circle - Friday Oct 23 - Zoom - 3-4:30PM
Phuong Khuu (UC Berkeley): Tự /tɨ˨/ - Lexical realization of Reflexive Voice⁰ in Vietnamese
- Language Variation and Change Working Group - Tuesday Oct 27 - Zoom - 3-4pm
Discussion of Sóskuthy & Stuart-Smith 2020. Please email Annie Helms for the Zoom link and/or to be added to the bCourses site.
- Sociolinguistics Lab at Berkeley - Wednesday Oct 28 - Zoom - 3-4pm
- Fieldwork Forum - Wednesday Oct 28 - Zoom - 3:10-4pm.
Amalia Skilton (UT Austin; Max Planck Institute of Psycholinguistics): TBA
- Syntax and Semantics Circle - Friday Oct 30 - Zoom - 3-4:30PM
NELS practice talks by Amy Rose Deal, Peter Jenks, and Edwin Ko
Amy Rose Deal: 3-on-3 restrictions and PCC typology
Peter Jenks: Names as complex indices: On apparent Condition C violations in Thai
Edwin Ko: Feeding agreement: Anti-locality in Crow applicatives of unaccusatives