September 20, 2023
In and around the linguistics department in the next week:
- SSCircle - Friday, Sep 22 - Dwinelle 1303 - 3-4pm: Tyler Lemon (UC Berkeley) "Low nominative agreement in Uab Meto and its interactions with verbal and nominalizing morphology"
- Phorum - Friday, Sep 22 - Dwinelle 1303 - 4-5pm: Jonathan Paramore (UC Santa Cruz): "Codas are universally moraic"
- SLaB - Tuesday, Sep 26 - Dwinelle 5125 and Zoom - 3:30-4:30pm: Eve Fleisig: "Diagnosing Linguistic Discrimination in Large Language Models: Negative Politeness Strategies in ChatGPT Responses to African-American English."
- Fieldwork Forum - Wednesday Sep 27 - Dwinelle 1303 and Zoom (password: fforum) - 3:10-4:30pm: Chris Beier (UC Berkeley) and Zach O'Hagan (UC Berkeley): Round-table discussion about the logistics of grammar writing, grammar organization, and making grammars useful for different audiences, including the language community
- SSCircle - Friday, Sep 29 - Dwinelle 1303 - 3-4pm: Emily Clem (UC San Diego) & Amy Rose Deal (UC Berkeley): TBD
- Phorum - Friday, Sep 29 - Dwinelle 1303 - 4-5pm: Alex Elias (UC Berkeley): "Just because you can doesn’t mean you should: Two analyses of Jao’s phonemic inventory"