May 10, 2023
The following Berkeley linguists will be presenting their research at the 20th International Congress of Phonetic Sciences (ICPhS), taking place in Prague in August:
- Amber Galvano: "Cross-dialectal comparison of /st/ clusters in Spanish: Implications for sound change"
- Emily Grabowski: "Methodological trends in acoustic phonetic analysis"
- Keith Johnson: "Individual differences in Speech Production: What is 'Phonetic Substance'?"
- Yevgeniy Melguy: "Mechanisms of generalization for phonetic learning of accented speech"
- Alexandra Pfiffner and Julian Martinez-Garcia (BA 2023): "Spirantization of word-final plosives in Standard Dutch"
- Alexandra Pfiffner and Nicole Rosen (University of Manitoba): "Stop voicing in two settler communities on the Canadian Prairies"