April 16, 2021
In and around the linguistics department in the next week:
- Fieldwork Forum - Wednesday Apr 21 - Zoom - 3:10-4pm
Jorge Emilio Rosés Labrada (U Alberta): Using pre-existing collections for fieldwork training.
- Language Variation and Change Working Group - Monday Apr 19 - Zoom - 11am-12pm
Discussion of Kim & Wong 2020
Please email Ben Papadopoulos for the Zoom link and/or to be added to the bCourses site.
- Phorum - Friday Apr 16 - Zoom - 3-4pm
Natasha Warner (with collab. from Seongjin Park) (U Arizona): Perception of all English sound sequences: The roles of probability and duration.
- Syntax and Semantics Circle - Friday Apr 16 - Zoom - 3:30-4:30pm
Workshopping a manuscript by Emily Clem (UCSD): Toward a unified account of inverse marking and the Person-Case Constraint.
(Please email Tyler Lemon or Maddy Bossi to get a copy of the manuscript!)
- Syntax and Semantics Circle - Friday Apr 23 - Zoom - 3-4:30pm
Vera Hohaus (Manchester): Composing meanings with alternatives: A case of no variation?
- Zoom Phonology - Wednesday Apr 21 - Zoom - 11am-12pm
Jen Smith (UNC Chapel Hill): Productivity and naturalness in loanword phonology.
For the Zoom link or to be added to the Zoom Phonology mailing list, contact Karee Garvin.