April 23, 2021
In and around the linguistics department in the next week:
- Linguistics Department Colloquium - Monday Apr 26 - Zoom - 3:10-5pm
Gabriela Caballero (UC San Diego): Lexical-grammatical tone interactions in San Juan Piñas Mixtec: Phonological representation and orthographic implications.
- Fieldwork Forum - Wednesday Apr 28 - Zoom - 3:10-4pm
Gladys Camacho Rios (UT Austin): L1 insights on South Bolivian Quechua language documentation.
- Phorum - Friday Apr 30 - Zoom - 3-4pm
Yuni Kim (University of Essex; PhD 2008): Phonologically conditioned allomorphy in Amuzgo inflectional tone.
- Sociolinguistics Lab at Berkeley - Wednesday Apr 28 - Zoom - 3:10-4pm
Katie Carmichael (Virginia Tech) and Aaron Dinkin (San Diego State): We THOUGHT we knew a LOT about New Orleans English (oh)... But we did NOT.
- Syntax and Semantics Circle - Friday Apr 23 - Zoom - 3-4:30pm
Vera Hohaus (Manchester): Composing meanings with alternatives: A case of no variation?
- Syntax and Semantics Circle - Friday Apr 30 - Zoom - 3-4:30pm
Maksymilian Dąbkowski (UC Berkeley): Pied-piping by Cyclic Agree. In defense of feature percolation.
- Zoom Phonology - Wednesday Apr 28 - Zoom - 11am-12pm
Arto Anttila (Stanford) and Adams Bodomo (University of Vienna): Downstep in Dagaare.
For the Zoom link or to be added to the Zoom Phonology mailing list, contact Karee Garvin.