April 28, 2023
In and around the Department of Linguistics in the next week:
- Linguistics Undergraduate Honors Colloquium 2023 - Monday May 1 - Dwinelle 370 and Zoom - 3:10pm
- Language Revitalization Working Group and Fieldwork Forum - Wednesday May 3 - Dwinelle 370 and Zoom (password: lrwg22) - 3:10-4:30pm
Leanne Hinton, Zach O'Hagan, Tzintia Montaño-Ramírez, Alex Elias (UC Berkeley): "Through their eyes: A panel discussion on fieldwork and revitalization at Berkeley."
The panel will be followed by a reception in Ishi Court from 4:30-6 p.m. Please RSVP to inform us of your attendance and accommodation or dietary requirements (if applicable).
- Phorum - Friday Apr 28 - Dwinelle 1229 - 3-4:30pm
Christopher Cox (Aarhus University & University of York): "Exploring the Active Role of the Infant & Caregiver-Infant Feedback Loops in Language Development."
- WCCFL Practice Talks - Tuesday May 2 - Dwinelle 3401 and Zoom - 12:30 (sharp)-3pm
- 12:30-1pm: Amber Galvano, "A Q- and Exemplar-Theoretic approach to cross-dialect Spanish <st> production"
- 1-1:30pm: Becky Jarvis, "Subject movement in Atchan relative clauses: A two-probe, mixed A/A'-account"
- 1:30-2pm: Shweta Akolkar, Sansan Claude Hien, & Franco Liu, "Nominal licensing without T: Switch reference and wh/focus fronting in Lobi"
- 2-2:30pm: Amy Rose Deal & Justin Royer, "Mayan animacy hierarchy effects: A dynamic interaction approach"
- 2:30-3pm: Maddy Bossi, "Two types of 'say'-complementation in Kipsigis"