January 22, 2021
In and around the linguistics department in the next week:
- Linguistics Department Colloquium - Friday Jan 22 - Zoom - 8-10am [note special time and day]
Martin Haspelmath (MPI-EVA Leipzig): Variable argument marking and the difference between general and particular linguistics.
- Fieldwork Forum - Wednesday Jan 27 - Zoom - 3:10-4pm
Katie Sardinha (PhD 2017, Independent Scholar): A fieldworker’s reflection on the psycholinguistics of language and aging.
- Language Variation and Change (LVC) Working Group - Monday Jan 25 - Zoom - 11am-12pm
Selection of papers to read during the Spring semester. Please email Annie Helms for the Zoom link and/or to be added to the bCourses site.
- Syntax and Semantics Circle - Friday Jan 22 - Zoom - 3-4:30pm
Lev Michael (UC Berkeley): The semantics of graded past tenses in Iquito (Zaparoan, Peru).
- Syntax and Semantics Circle - Friday Jan 29 - Zoom - 3-4:30pm
Dan Brodkin (UCSC): TBA.