January 29, 2021
In and around the linguistics department in the next week:
- Fieldwork Forum - Wednesday Feb 3 - Zoom - 3:10-4pm
Open discussion on Fieldwork and Colonialism.
- Language, Computation, and Cognition Reading Group - Wednesday Feb 3 - Zoom - 4-5pm
Alex Carstensen (Stanford): Practice job talk.
Email Noah Hermalin for more information.
- Language Revitalization Working Group - Wednesday Feb 3 - Zoom - 4-5pm
- Language Variation and Change (LVC) Working Group - Monday Feb 1 - Zoom - 11am-12pm
Jonathan Rosa (Stanford): Do you hear what I hear?: A raciolinguistic perspective on the perceiving subject. [abstract]
Talk from 11:10-12pm, followed by Q&A session until ~1pm
Please email Annie Helms for the Zoom link.
- Phorum - Friday Feb 5 - Zoom - 3-4pm
Maksymilian Dąbkowski (UC Berkeley): Stress in Paraguayan Guaraní.
Email Anna Björklund or Dakota Robinson for the Zoom link and/or to be added to the mailing list.
- Sociolinguistics Lab at Berkeley - Wednesday Feb 3 - Zoom - 3-4pm
Manuscript discussion (Bleaman).
Email Isaac Bleaman for the Zoom link or to be added to the mailing list.
- Syntax and Semantics Circle - Friday Jan 29 - Zoom - 3-4:30pm
Dan Brodkin (UCSC): Agent focus in Austronesian.
- Syntax and Semantics Circle - Friday Feb 5 - Zoom - 3-4:30pm
Zach Wellstood (UC Berkeley): Towards a free relative analysis of event existential constructions in Aklanon.
- Zoom Phonology - Wednesday Feb 3 - Zoom - 11am-12pm
Panel Discussion: Remote Data Collection
For the Zoom link or to be added to the Zoom Phonology mailing list, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.