March 17, 2023
In and around the Department of Linguistics in the next week:
- Fieldwork Forum - Wednesday Mar 22 - Dwinelle 1303 and Zoom (password: fforum) - 3:10-4pm
Ambrocio Gutiérrez Lorenzo (CU Boulder): "Some differences in the sound system of three Zapotec languages of the Valley of Oaxaca."
- Language Revitalization Working Group - Wednesday Mar 22 - Dwinelle 1303 and Zoom (p/w lrwg22) - 2:10-3pm (note different time)
Mskwaankwad Rice (Minnesota): "Power and positionality: A case study of Linguistics' relationship to Indigenous languages."
- Phorum - Friday Mar 17 - Zoom - 3-4:30pm
Simon Todd (UC Santa Barbara): "Building implicit linguistic knowledge through passive exposure."
- Sociolinguistics Lab at Berkeley - Monday Mar 20 - Dwinelle 5125 and Zoom - 2-3pm
Discussion of Huang et al. 2022.
- Syntax and Semantics Circle - Friday Mar 17 - Dwinelle 1303 and Zoom - 3-4:30pm
Peter Jenks (UC Berkeley): "Topic and focus in Tira."
- Syntax and Semantics Circle - Friday Mar 24 - Dwinelle 1303 and Zoom - 3-4:30pm
Emil Carlsson (Chalmers University of Technology/UC Berkeley) and Terry Regier (UC Berkeley): Discussion of in-progress work.