November 27, 2020
In and around the linguistics department in the next week:
- QP Fest - Monday Nov 30 - Zoom - 3-5pm
Presentations by Madeline Bossi, Wesley dos Santos, Emily Drummond, and Emily Grabowski.
- Industry Careers Panel - Wednesday Dec 2 - Zoom - 4:30pm
A discussion for graduate students. Panelists will be Isaac Bleaman and Marc Ettlinger (PhD 2008), joined by Geoff Bacon (PhD 2020).
- Fieldwork Forum - Wednesday Dec 2 - Zoom - 3:10-4pm
Maura O'Leary (UCLA): Hän's Pronominal Prefixes.
- Language Variation and Change Working Group - Tuesday Dec 1 - Zoom - 3-4pm
Dakota Robinson (UC Berkeley): From phonological to lexical variation: Change in progress toward lexicalization of a discourse variable in French.
Please email Annie Helms for the Zoom link and/or to be added to the bCourses site.
- Sociolinguistics Lab at Berkeley - Wednesday Dec 2 - Zoom - 3:10-4pm
Discussion of Sneller, Fruehwald & Yang 2019.
Please email Isaac Bleaman for the Zoom link or to be added to the email list.
- Zoom Phonology - Thursday Dec 3 - Zoom - 9-10am
Meg Cychosz (University of Maryland): Children's bilingual language use predicts morpho-phonetic patterning in South Bolivian Quechua.
For the Zoom link or to be added to the Zoom Phonology mailing list, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.