November 4, 2022
In and around the Department of Linguistics in the next week:
- Linguistics Department Colloquium - Monday Nov 7 - Dwinelle 370 and Zoom - 3:10-4:30pm
Justin Davidson (UC Berkeley): "Legitimizing non-nativeness: Language contact in Barcelona and the California Bay Area."
- Fieldwork Forum - Wednesday Nov 9 - Dwinelle 1303 and Zoom (password: fforum) - 3:10-4pm
Rachael Samberg (UC Berkeley): "Understanding & managing rights issues in linguistics research."
- Language Revitalization Working Group - Wednesday Nov 9 - Dwinelle 1303 and Zoom (passcode LRWG) - 4-5pm
Discussion of Perley 2012.
- Phorum - Friday Nov 4 - Dwinelle 1229 - 3-4:30pm
Rachel Walker (UC Santa Cruz): "Gestural organization and quantity in English rhotic-final rhymes."
- Syntax and Semantics Circle - Friday Nov 4 - Dwinelle 1303 and Zoom - 3-4:30pm
Jasper Talwani (UC Berkeley): "Valency and agentive alignment in Highland Chontal (lajltayki-/tsome), a language of Oaxaca."