October 9, 2020
In and around the linguistics department in the next week:
- Syntax and Semantics Circle - Friday Oct 9 - Zoom - 3-4:30PM
Wesley dos Santos (Berkeley): Raising, EPP, and Long-Head Movement in Kawahiva
- Language Variation and Change Working Group - Tuesday Oct 13 - Zoom - 3-5pm
Invited talk by Naomi Lapidus Shin (3-3:45pm), followed by general Q&A session. The title of her talk is "The ontogeny of grammatical variation" (abstract). Please email Annie Helms for the Zoom link and/or to be added to the bCourses site.
- Fieldwork Forum - Wednesday Oct 14 - Zoom - 3:10-4pm.
Alex Elias (UC Berkeley): TBA.
- *dhworom - Friday Oct 16 - 12-1pm
Brian Joseph (Ohio State) will be joining us for a conversation about his 2000 paper entitled Is there such a thing as “grammaticalization?”.
Please email Edwin Ko for the Zoom link and/or to be added to the mailing list.
- Syntax and Semantics Circle - Friday Oct 16 - Zoom - 3-4:30PM
Tamisha Tan (Harvard): TBA