September 30, 2022
In and around the Department of Linguistics in the next week:
- Linguistics Department Colloquium - Monday Oct 3 - Dwinelle 370 and Zoom - 3:10-4:30pm
Alexandra Pfiffner (UC Berkeley): "Features, cues, and phonological contrast: A look at plosive voicing in Afrikaans."
- Undergraduate thesis practice talks - Thursday Oct 6 - Dwinelle 1303 - 11:10am-12pm
- Jasper Talwani: "Argument indexing in lajltayki- / tsome / Highland Chontal"
- Chelsea Tang: "A description and theoretical analysis of Lobi STAMP morphs"
- Fieldwork Forum - Wednesday Oct 5 - Dwinelle 1303 and Zoom (password: fforum) - 3:10-5pm
Rebecca Jarvis, Julianne Kapner, and Katherine Russell (UC Berkeley): "Shared Experiences: A discussion of collaboration in fieldwork."
- Phorum - Friday Sept 30 - Dwinelle 1229 - 3-4:30pm
Noah Hermalin (UC Berkeley): "An introduction to phonographic writing systems."
- Phorum - Friday Oct 7 - Dwinelle 1229 - 3-4:30pm
Allegra Robertson (UC Berkeley): "Rough around the edges: Representing root-edge laryngeal features in Yánesha’."
- Sociolinguistics Lab at Berkeley - Monday Oct 3 - Dwinelle 5125 and Zoom - 2-3pm
Practice NWAV talks:
- Gabriella Licata: "From implicit to explicit bias: Assessing generational attitude changes towards US Spanish translanguaging repertoires"
- Isaac Bleaman and Rhea Kommerell: "Detecting the envelope of variation using computational language models"
- Syntax and Semantics Circle - Friday Sept 30 - Dwinelle 1303 and Zoom - 3-4:30pm
Tzintia Montaño Ramírez (UC Berkeley): "Status of the patient subject in the Garifuna passives."
- Syntax and Semantics Circle - Friday Oct 7 - Dwinelle 1303 and Zoom - 3-4:30pm
Mia Gong (UC Santa Cruz): TBA.