Calques 4.19 (February 10, 2017)
Newsletter, Department of Linguistics, UC Berkeley
Please send information and news of departmental interest to Andrew Garrett.
The editors are thrilled to announce the excellent news (from campus authorities today!) that our colleague Amy Rose Deal will be promoted to the rank of Associate Professor with tenure as of July 1. Congratulations on your promotion and tenure, Amy Rose!
- Friday, February 10
- 3–4:30: Round Robin (Syntax & Semantics Circle, 1303 Dwinelle)
- 3–5: David Gramling (Arizona), "On Dwelling in the Linguacene: From Hypomnesic Monolingualism to Reactionary Multilingualism" (Berkeley Language Center Lecture Series, B-4 Dwinelle Hall)
- Monday, February 13
- Wednesday, February 15
- 2–3:30: Ruth Rouvier, Amy Avishay, and Frederica Priyanto (Berkeley), "Language Documentation and Revitalization, and Impacts on Child Learners" (Fieldwork Forum, 1229 Dwinelle)
- 5–6: SLUgS meeting (Society of Linguistics Undergraduate Students, 1229 Dwinelle)
- Thursday, February 16
- Friday, February 17
- 3–4:30: TBA (Syntax & Semantics Circle, 1303 Dwinelle)