February 12, 2021
In and around the linguistics department in the next week:
- Language Revitalization Working Group and Fieldwork Forum - Wednesday Feb 17 - Zoom - 3:40-5pm (note special time and link)
Presentations from some of the students in Language Revitalization in fall 2020: Ash Cornejo, Alex Chang, Irene Yi, Ellis Miller, and Sharon Marcos, who will each present about their language revitalization work, along with some time for questions and conversation.
- Phorum - Friday Feb 12 - Zoom - 3-4pm
Florian Lionnet (Princeton): Downstep in Paicî: between accent and tone.
- Phorum - Thursday Feb 18 - Zoom - 6-8pm (note special date, time, and link)
Myriam Lapierre (UC Berkeley): Practice job talk.
- Phorum - Friday Feb 19 - Zoom - 3-4pm
Check-in meeting facilitated by Hannah Sande: come share current and upcoming projects and get to know our newest faculty member!
- Syntax and Semantics Circle - Friday Feb 12 - Zoom - 3-4:30pm
Suzana Fong (MIT): A dependent case analysis of pseudo noun incorporation in Wolof.
- Syntax and Semantics Circle - Friday Feb 19 - Zoom - 3-4:30pm
Andrew McKenzie (Kansas): TBA.
- Zoom Phonology - Wednesday Feb 17 - Zoom - 11am-12pm
Gašper Beguš (UC Berkeley): Tonal wugs in Žiri Slovenian: Floating tones, vowel quality, quantity, and stress.
For the Zoom link or to be added to the Zoom Phonology mailing list, contact Karee Garvin.