October 1, 2020
In and around the linguistics department in the next week:
- *dhworom - Friday Oct 2 - Zoom - 12-1pm
We will be reading on alignment change within the Polynesian language family. Visit the *dhworom website for this semester's reading list.
Please email Edwin Ko for the Zoom link and/or to be added to the mailing list.
- Language Variation and Change Working Group - Tuesday Oct 6 - Zoom - 3-4pm
Discussion of Shin 2018. Please email Annie Helms for the Zoom link and/or to be added to the bCourses site.
- Fieldwork Forum - Wednesday Oct 7 - Zoom - 3:10-4pm
Hilaria Cruz (University of Louisville): Between family and strangers: When an indigenous researcher conducts studies in her own community.
- Sociolinguistics Lab at Berkeley - Wednesday Oct 7 - Zoom - 3-4pm
Annie Helms (UC Berkeley): k-Means Clustering and Factor Analysis in Python (workshop).
Please email Isaac Bleaman for the Zoom link and/or to be added to the SLaB email list.
Language Revitalization Working Group - Thursday Oct 8 -2-3:30pmAngel Sobotta (Nez Perce Language Program): Story Work and Star Work. Contact Line Mikkelsen for the Zoom link.
- Phonetics and Phonology Forum - Friday Oct 9 - Zoom - 3-4pm
Connor Mayer (UCLA): Opacity in Uyghur vowel harmony
Email Anna Björklund or Dakota Robinson for the Zoom link and/or to be added to the mailing list.
- Syntax and Semantics Circle - Friday Oct 9 - Zoom - 3-4:30pm
Wesley dos Santos (UC Berkeley): TBA