In and around the linguistics department in the next week:
- Linguistics Department Colloquium - Monday Apr 11 - Zoom and 370 Dwinelle - 3:10-4:30pm
Zenzi M. Griffin (UT Austin): Talking and timing: Using eye movements to study language production.
- Society of Linguistics Undergraduate Students (SLUgS) - Saturday Apr 9 - Dwinelle 370 and Zoom - 9am-4:30pm
Come out to the Sixth Annual Berkeley Undergraduate Linguistics Symposium and support undergraduate research! The Symposium schedule can be found here. All are welcome.
- Fieldwork Forum - Wednesday Apr 13 - Dwinelle 1303 and Zoom (p/w fforum) - 3:10-4pm
Richard Bibbs (UC Santa Cruz): Wewewa Pronominal Marking.
- Language Revitalization Working Group - Wednesday Apr 13 - Dwinelle 1303 and Zoom - 4-5pm
Jenny Davis (Chickasaw Nation, UIllinois Urbana-Champaign): TBA.
- Phorum - Friday Apr 8 - Dwinelle 1303 and Zoom - 1-2pm
Marko Drobnjak (UC Berkeley): Evaluation of testimony: Speech perception vs. witness credibility.
- Phorum - Friday Apr 15 - Dwinelle 1303 and Zoom - 1-2pm
Lily Xue Gong (UC Berkeley): Phonemic segmentation of narrative speech in human cerebral cortex.
- Sociolinguistics Lab at Berkeley - Wednesday Apr 13 - Dwinelle 5125 and Zoom - 3-4pm
Please contact Ben Papadopoulos for more information or to be added to the SLaB mailing list.
- Syntax and Semantics Circle - Friday Apr 8 - 1303 Dwinelle and Zoom - 3-4:30pm
Schuyler Laparle (UC Berkeley): By the way, did you know that digression is multimodal?.
- Zoom Phonology - Friday Apr 15 - Zoom - 9am
Jamilläh Rodriguez (UNC Chapel Hill): Towards a unifying account of tone lowering in Copala Triqui: A case study of possessive constructions.
For the Zoom link or to be added to the Zoom Phonology mailing list, contact Karee Garvin.