In and around the linguistics department in the next week:
- Prospective Student Open House: Graduate Student Research Presentations - Monday Mar 8 - Zoom - 3pm
Click here for the schedule of presentations by Emily Drummond, Schuyler Laparle, Emily Remirez, and Raksit Lau-Preechathammarach.
- Workshop honoring the scientific contributions of John Ohala - Friday Mar 12 and Saturday Mar 13 - Zoom
- Memorial for John Ohala - Saturday Mar 13 - Zoom - 8am
Please contact Keith Johnson for the link.
- Fieldwork Forum - Wednesday Mar 10 - Zoom - 3:10-4pm
Tzintia Montaño (UC Berkeley): An approach to locative descriptions in Da’an Davi (Mixtec of Southern Puebla).
- Language Variation and Change Working Group - Monday Mar 8 - Zoom - 11am-12pm
Discussion of Hober 2020
Please email Ben Papadopoulos for the Zoom link and/or to be added to the bCourses site.
- Phorum - Friday Mar 5 - Zoom - 3-4pm
Katie Russell (UC Berkeley): Grammatical Tone and Length in Gã.
- Phorum - Friday Mar 12 - Zoom - 3-4pm
Anna Mai (UCSD): On the Relationship Between Interaction and Complexity in Phonology. (co-authored with Eric Meinhardt, Eric Bakovic, and Adam McCollum)
- Syntax and Semantics Circle - Friday Mar 5 - Zoom - 3-4:30pm
Michael Diercks (Pomona): Bukusu object marking: At the interface of pragmatics and syntax. Joint work with Justine Sikuku (Moi University).
- Syntax and Semantics Circle - Friday Mar 12 - Zoom - 3-4:30pm
Rebecca Jarvis (UC Berkeley): TBA.
- Zoom Phonology - Wednesday Mar 10 - Zoom - 11am-12pm
Larry Hyman (UC Berkeley): On the independence of "reduplicant" and "base" in Runyankore nominal reduplication.
For the Zoom link or to be added to the Zoom Phonology mailing list, contact Karee Garvin.