In and around the Department of Linguistics in the next week:
- Fieldwork Forum - Wednesday Apr 5 - Dwinelle 1303 and Zoom (password: fforum) - 3:10-4pm
Deborah Anderson (UC Berkeley) with Craig Cornelius (Google) and Kamal Mansour: "Language Preservation and Documentation with Unicode: Character encoding, keyboards and fonts."
- Language Revitalization Working Group - Wednesday Apr 5 - Dwinelle 1303 and Zoom (p/w lrwg22) - 2:10-3pm (note different time)
Yan García (CSU Long Beach and Tlahtoltapazolli): "Community Nahuatl Teaching in Los Angeles."
- Phorum - Friday Apr 7 - Dwinelle 1229 - 3-4:30pm
Marie Tano (Stanford): "Stancetaking and the construction of Black American identities in the United States."
- Sociolinguistics Lab at Berkeley - Monday Apr 3 - Dwinelle 5125 and Zoom - 2-3pm
Lorenzo García-Amaya (Michigan): "Investigating the impact of long-term bilingualism on filled-pause production and fluency patterns in Afrikaans-Spanish bilinguals" (remote talk).
- Syntax and Semantics Circle - Friday Apr 7 - Dwinelle 1303 and Zoom - 3-4:30pm
Nicoletta Biondo (UC Berkeley): "Bridging theoretical linguistics and cognitive neuroscience: Fine-grained linguistic differences do matter during online language comprehension."