We wrote to our soon-to-be and recent undergraduate alumni (from 2022 and 2021) for updates on their plans after graduation. Here are the stories they shared with us:
- Nicholas Ngai (BA 2022) will be starting his master's degree in computer science at UC Berkeley.
- Dara Gaeuman (BA, fall 2022) will be applying to grad school for Speech Language Pathology programs.
- Cynthia Zhong (BA 2022) will be starting her Ph.D. in linguistics at MIT this fall.
- Anjali Kantharuban (BA 2022) will be beginning an MPhil in Theoretical and Applied Linguistics at Cambridge in October 2022. Afterwards, she will do her PhD in Language and Information Technology at Carnegie Mellon University, studying ways to make natural language computer systems functional on a wider variety of languages and dialects.
- Irene Yi (BA 2021) will be starting in the Linguistics PhD program at Stanford in the fall.
- Ivori White (BA 2022) will be moving to Japan in August to teach English. Before she moves she will be practicing her Japanese and napping her days away.
- Charles Zhang (BA 2021) started a job working on quantum computers in September 2021 and will pursue a further degree in comparative linguistics.
- Margaret Asperheim (BA 2022) will be starting an MA at the University of Hawaii at Manoa in August.
- Noah Usman (BA, fall 2021) has started a job as an Insights Associate at Pakistani-American investment firm i2i Ventures, the sister company of startup accelerator Invest2Innovate.
- Jesus Duarte (BA 2022) will be starting his PhD in Hispanic Linguistics at UCLA in the fall.
- Carmela Blazado (BA 2021) will begin the Master’s Program for Speech-Language Pathology at University of the Pacific in August 2022.
- Anna Shim (BA 2022) will be starting at UC Berkeley's BE3 graduate program in education starting June 2022.
- Tegan Lakshmanan (BA 2022) will be starting her PhD in Math at UC Berkeley in the fall.
- Grant Brooks Goodman (BA 2022) will be working at SiriusXM/Pandora as a software engineer in August 2022.
- Cooper Bedin (BA 2022) will be beginning a PhD program in linguistics at the University of California, Santa Barbara in September.
- Kevin Yu (BA 2021) will be starting his PhD in linguistics at the University of Florida in fall 2022.